Getting involved is easy. There are just three simple steps:
- Take the adoptmystreet.org pledge and sign up online
- Begin your regular round
- Spread the word, and get other people involved
Begin your regular round
You will need:
- A pair of gloves – I use gardening gloves from B&M Bargains, that cost about £1 a pair
- A bin bag (or ideally two, to separate recyclable and non-recyclable waste)
- Around 10-15 minutes each week to do your own litter-pick, at whatever day/time is convenient for you.
If you spot any hazardous waste or notice any fly-tipping, please report these to the relevant authorities. Please also read the Health & Safety/Disclaimer below, before getting started.
Spread the word
Please let your friends and family know about adoptmystreet.org and encourage them to get involved too. A great way to do this is to regularly post about your weekly litter pick on social media and include a link to this website or tag us on twitter @adoptmystreet
We’d love to see your pictures too!
Health & Safety/Disclaimer
Please take reasonable steps to protect your own health & safety. When reaching for litter, bend from your knees, or use a litter picker. Avoid hazardous waste (sharps, broken glass etc.) Report any hazardous or fly-tipped items to the relevant authorities. Please remember to wash your hands thoroughly afterwards. We also recommend using antibacterial hand sanitiser after you have completed your round. Adoptmystreet.org cannot accept responsibility for any injury or harm that occurs during an unsupervised litter pick.